New Referee Registration on Game Officials

PA West Referees uses Game Officials for registering new referees.

These instructions are only for new referees. If you are an existing PA West or USSF referee, assignor, assessor, or instructor, you should have already received an email inviting you to register with Game Officials. Read the article Referee Recertification for more information.

Before you certify, you need to have sent your 3 security clearances, and possibly a work permit, to
Peggy Neason (SRA). Please use the following as process flow:

  1. Get the following 2 security clearances (PA Child Abuse History Clearance and PA State Police Criminal Record Check).
  2. If you are 18, or older (or will turn 18 in 2016), you need to get a FBI Criminal History Report.
  3. If you are 14-17, you can get a notarized affidavit instead of using the FBI Criminal History Report.  Once you are 18, you will need to get the FBI Criminal History Report.
  4. Once you have the 3 clearances (or 2 and the affidavit), MAIL a copy to Peggy Neason at 82 Lookout, Monongahela, PA 15063 (no emails accepted).
  5. If you are 14-17, and still in high school you need to get a Work Permit (get at your school guidance office) and mail a copy to Peggy Neason. You must be 14 years old to take any referee entry level class.
  6. Once all of your clearances are approved you can register on our website at
  7. You may then choose a certification course. Follow these instructions to register with Game Officials.
    1. Go to:
    2. Click on the “New User” button on the left side.
    3. Click on “I have NEVER BEEN registered”
    4. Follow the instructions.
  8. You can pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) on the Game Officials site, or mail a check payable to State Referee Committee. The check should be mailed to Peggy Neason (SRA) 82 Lookout Ave., Monongahela, PA 15063.